It’s Time to Get Ready… for the 24th Annual Penguin Swim to benefit the Atlantic General Hospital Foundation!
The 24th Annual Penguin Swim is set for Monday, January 1, 2018 and will take place once again at The Princess Royale Oceanfront Hotel at 91st Street & the Ocean in Ocean City, Maryland! Get ready to dunk your penguin tail in the frigid waters of the Atlantic Ocean for a good cause!
The 2018 Penguin Swim is still being held on Monday, January 1st as planned.
All participants MUST register AND check-in to receive a wristband to enter the Swim Area.
Registered participants are NOT required to go into the water but MUST check-in to receive their t-shirts and incentive prizes for their fundraising efforts.
Penguin Swim Safety Tips
- Avoid alcohol consumption before the swim.
- All participants, especially those who are elderly, youth, or with medical conditions should use their best judgment about entering the water.
- Participants and spectators are encouraged to keep warm inside the Atrium before the swim. Enjoy dollar carnival games, face painting, mermaids, heated pool and hot tub, hot chocolate, and live music in the Atrium.
- All participants should dress in layers and keep warm clothes and shoes on until the countdown to go into the water begins.
- Enter the water wearing only a swimsuit as it will be easier to dry off and warm up if you’re not fully dressed and/or wearing costumes.
- Go in as far as you are comfortable but make it quick – run in and out, don’t linger in the water.
- Bring extra towels, blankets, and warm clothes to put on immediately after coming out of the water.
- Participants and spectators are welcome to return to the Atrium following the swim to warm up and for the Awards Ceremony.
- Ocean City Beach Patrol, Dive Team, and Medics will be on site for safety.
Michael Cylc and Phillip Cheung are leading the event planning committee this year and the committee is already busy revving up efforts for a super fundraiser. Incentive prizes for all swimmers based on individual fundraising efforts! Awards for individuals and teams who raise the most money! Wear a costume for a chance to win the Costume Contest! Oldest and youngest Penguins will receive special recognition! Carnival Games with fun challenges to win prizes! The 2018 Penguin Swim promises to be filled with fun and excitement! Register today and be a part of the frosty fun!
The registration fee is $25.00 per swimmer. ALL swimmers MUST register either online or in-person AND check-in to receive a wristband to gain access to the Swim Area!
All registered swimmers are eligible to receive an official 2018 Penguin Swim T-shirt!
Pre-register by December 1st to guarantee size. Sizes are on a first come basis unless pre-registered.
If you are a returning Penguin from last year’s Penguin Swim, please LOGIN first before signing up for this year’s event. Thank you!